Pop into the church in Lymington High Street for a coffee or to pick up a copy of the Open Door Magazine until then you can check out the latest church news in the above publication.
September’s issue of the Open Door Magazine.
WOW!!……here is our newly floored Open Door Café. Our revamp has made such a difference and we are looking forward to welcoming everyone to enjoy a cuppa in these new surroundings. The church is so grateful for being in a position to be able to do this.
Come in and have a look!
Our café is open Mon-Fri. 10am to 12noon and offers a choice of hot drinks, diluted juices, sometimes cakes/tea cakes and always biscuits!!
New Floor in the Cafe
New Floor in the Cafe
A snippet from this month’s Open News..
Do you realise that by the time you get this edition of the Open Door magazine we shall have celebrated the summer solstice and the nights will have started to draw in again?? But we have lots of things to look forward to before we need to start worrying about darker evenings –
- Lymington Arts Festival from 5th to 8th July, with many events on our premises, both inside and out. Our fund raising team will again be providing refreshments during the events held in our Church. You can pick up a brochure in Church to
see what is happening all over the town.
- Lymington Carnival on Sunday 15th July. As the procession will be coming down the High Street , we have arranged for our service to start at 10.00am and after our service, we will be providing refreshments on our forecourt for our own congregation and those who gather in the street to watch the procession. Up at the sport’s ground, our fundraising team will again be holding stalls – tombola and cake – at the post carnival fete. Tombola prizes and donations of cakes will all be gratefully received!
- Our annual Church meeting on Tuesday, July 17th at 7.00pm, when we shall hear about the last year and look forward to the next. This meeting will also include our elders’ election.
- A new event – Salad Sunday on Sunday July 29th. Our hardworking fundraising team will be serving a buffet type lunch in the garden, weather permitting, after our Sunday service. An event not to be missed.
- Children’s adventure club on the first four Thursday mornings in August from 10.00 – 12.00. Take your children/grandchildren along to join in the fun. You’ll ALL have a fantastic time!
- Afternoon tea party on Saturday August 18th in the ODC hosted by Helena and Kate. Proceeds to the WWF elephant campaign.
- Link Day on Thursday 30th August – a new exciting venture organised by Barbara Waite and Gill Wiseman. Keep an eye open for more news and information about this event. We wish them every success.
It’s a busy summer for our Church. Our Open Door WILL be open for those who wish to come in but, if you can’t come in and you’re off on holiday to exotic places or simply entertaining the grandchildren, have a wonderful time.
NB: On the 1st July the service will start at 10 am to fit in with the Town’s Italia Day and procession of Ferraris. No cars will be allowed to access our forecourt on that Sunday.
You can read more news and information in the Open Door.